Obituaries » Margaret "Kitty" Catherine Wooldridge Clowdis
Margaret “Kitty” Catherine Wooldridge Clowdis, wife of Lewis Ashby Clowdis, Jr., passed away on April 22, 2022. She was born in Appomattox, December 1, 1928, a daughter of the late Sydney Ferguson and Robert Earl Wooldridge. Her family moved to Lynchburg in 1935 and she graduated from Brookville High School in 1946. She worked for Dr. Waldo Wattles, Dr. Richard Hawkins, and Dr. Chris Webb as a nurse, receptionist, bookkeeper, and shot giver.
Kitty is survived by her husband, Bud, and their daughter, Peggy Clowdis Whorley; grandson, Edwin Sidney Martin, III and wife Cathy; step-grandson, James Vincent Whorley and wife Julie; six great-grandchildren, Win, Anna Catherine, and Nancy Martin, and Carolanne, Lydia, and Ashby Whorley.
In addition to her parents, she was predeceased by her son, Lewis Ashby Clowdis, III; her brothers and sisters, Virginia Reynolds, Leslie Wooldridge, Louise Tolley, Letherine Smallwood, Frances Evans, Thomas B., Doris Browning, Joyce Warren, John H., and Helen.
Kitty was happiest around her family. Being a part of the fun at the lake brought her immense joy. She loved spending time with her grandchildren and great-grandchildren. Making pudding, watching them jump off the dock and skiing, and picking up sticks were some of her favorite pastimes. A tireless worker, she seemed to always be doing something, normally to make sure everyone was comfortable and most importantly, well fed.
A graveside service will be held at Spring Hill Cemetery on Monday, April 25, 2022, at 2:00 p.m.
Tharp Funeral Home & Crematory, Lynchburg, is assisting the family. To send condolences, please visit obituaries.tharpfuneralhome.com.
Condolences & Tributes
Celebrate Margaret's life with a short message, photo or video!
How to Write a Sympathy Message
- Preserving memories: how to create a memorial website to honor your loved one March 1, 2022
- 10 Tips for Maintaining Healthy Relationships with Your Loved Ones After a Loss January 27, 2022
- Caring for the grieving during the holidays: 5 ways to help December 8, 2021
- Beyond Thanksgiving: the mental, emotional and physical benefits of habitual gratitude November 15, 2021
- Benefits of Travel Protection: Treasuring a Lifetime of Experiences November 3, 2021